1. Reading - 15 min.
2. Math - 5 min.
3. Check Conference Times & Return Signed Report Card
3. Check Conference Times & Return Signed Report Card
Mary visits Ezinne's Home!
Parent Notes for Week 12 (Tuesday, November 18 – Friday, November 21, 2014)
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
-Tuesday, November 18th (and every Tuesday) from 2:15-2:45pm we will gather in the church to pray quietly for the children and meditate on the upcoming Sunday’s readings for Mass.
-Thursday, November 20th (and every other Thursday) from 9:00-9:30am we will be discussing the book Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly.
-Friday, November 21st 1:00pm - First Reconciliation
-Monday, November 24th (and every other Monday) we will be discussing the book Interior Freedom by Father Jacque Philippe from 3:15-3:45pm.
-Thursday, November 27th (and every other Thursday) from 9-9:30am, we will gather in my classroom for a presentation on and opportunity to ask questions about what the children have been learning about in religion.
1. Please let me know whether you intend to come on Friday to be present at your child’s First Reconciliation. I asked Father if he would be willing to hear your confessions as well and he asked that for the sake of time, only the children go to confession to him between 1-2pm on this day. We will have their first confessions in the same manner that the rest of the school has them. What happens is we gather for Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in the front of the church and Father will expose the Lord in the monstrance during a short hymn. After that we will have time for prayer while the children individually go back to make their confessions. After they confess and pray their penance, they can come and join us in the front again for more adoration time. Around 1:00 or after each child has had a chance to receive the graces, we can go back to the classroom to celebrate the joyous gift! Would you like to come and pray with us during adoration and while your child is receiving the sacrament? If so, you are most welcome. If you are working or can’t come, would you mind letting me know? I’d love to have a sense of who will be coming and maybe I can invite the child’s grade seven buddy if there aren’t too many of them…. Just a thought.
2. Field Trip to Mission - I am working on compiling a list of available drivers and possible riders. I tried to place all the people who I know are coming. Please check the list below and let me know if I am missing you and you desire to come! We have room!
3. No new curriculum notes this week. We will be reviewing previous concepts and finishing off this term and, to be totally honest, mostly preparing for a really grace-filled reception of the sacrament on Friday! Please practice with your child how to go to confession this whole week and go over all the prayers and help him/her examine his/her conscience before Friday. I will put copy and paste some helpful things we’ve gone over in class below if you’d like to help reinforce it!
4. Poinsettia orders are due on Tuesday, November 18th at 3 pm. All cheques are made payable to Cloverdale Catholic School. Poinsettias can be picked up on Saturday, November 29th at the parish bazaar in the auditorium at the parish centre. Also, please bring in jars filled with candy, treats or small toys. These jars can be won at the bazaar. All the jars will be picked up on Friday, November 28th.
5. Just a quick apology – I have not been doing well at testing the children on their sight words regularly. Some children are on really high lists but others may prefer to keep working on this and may be finding themselves frustrated that Sister isn’t testing their children regularly on their sight words. If that is you, I can totally understand why you are feeling that way! I will try to make a point to copy out the entire packet of sight words for you and you can continue to progress with your child at home if you’d like! That way when opportunity allows at school and I call your child to read off his/her sight words, he/she will fly through the lists you have been practicing at home. Send me a quick email or note in the planner if you’d like a copy of these words either to prepare for future lists or to review previous lists with your child. Sorry and thank you!
6. Spelling Words for this week: see, three, green, tree, bee, feed, sea, seat, eat, me. Challenge words: soccer, favourite, colour, hundred, thousand
7. This is REALLY sweet: Leighla started something that has caught on like wild-fire! Last week we made some quick visits to check out the PBP confessionals and Leighla begged and begged to stay after our visit and have some extra time to pray in the church. She wasn’t the least bit deterred on learning that she was missing most of morning recess. The next thing you know, half the class is begging to make a “quick visit” to the chapel during recesses! How can I say no?! It is beautiful to see their desire! Whenever time allows, consider making a quick chapel visit before or after school on your way in or out. I would just “offer” and not insist. I like to say, “Would anyone like to come with me to say hello to Jesus? I just want to tell Him I love Him.” Your visit could literally be as short as a genuflection-hello-and-good-bye combined! Sometimes if I am really rushed I don’t even open the doors! I just peek at Him through the window and give Him my heart again! It can be as short as needs be, although your children are hard to convince to leave once in there with the King of Kings!
Mary Statue Sign Up - Mary is so excited to come home with you! She has some rosaries for you to borrow so that you can pray by her side. She also has some booklets so that you will know what prayers to say and mysteries to think about! Please take some time to complete the sheet about your visit with Mary and don’t forget to bring Mary back to school with you so that the next family can enjoy her company too!
Please answer the following questions as a family.
1. Name all of the family members that prayed the rosary with you.
2. What was it like praying the rosary as a family?
3. Have you ever prayed the rosary as a family before?
4. Would you like to keep on praying the rosary together as a family?
Friday, October 31 - Friday, November 7 - Anna
Friday, November 7 - Friday, November 14 - Ezinne
Friday, November 14 - Friday, November 21 - Olivia
Friday, November 21 - Thursday November 27 (Friday is parent teacher conferences) - Leighla
Thursday November 27 (Friday is parent teacher conferences) - Friday, December 5 - Mary
Friday, December 5 - Friday, December 12 - Tessa
Friday, December 12 - Friday , December 19 - Reese
Friday , December 19 - Friday , January 9 (Christmas Break) - Heidi
Friday , January 9 - Friday , January 16 - Mateo
Friday, January 16 - Thursday January 22 (Friday is a Pro-D Day) - Mara
Thursday January 22 (Friday is a Pro-D Day) - Friday , January 30 - Jack
Friday, January 30 - Friday, February 6 - Natalie
Friday, February 6 - Wednesday, February 11 (CEC weekend) - Daniel
Wednesday, February 11 (CEC weekend) - Thursday, February 19 (Student Led Conferences Friday) - Liam
Thursday, February 19 (Student Led Conferences Friday) - Friday, February 27 - Mireya
Friday, February 27 - Friday, March 6 - Rachel
Friday, March 6 - Friday, March 13 - Desmond
Friday, March 13 - Friday, March 27 (Spring Break) - ?
Friday, March 27 (Spring Break) - Thursday, April 2 (Friday is Good Friday) - ?
Thursday, April 2 (Friday is Good Friday) - Friday, April 10 - ?
Friday, April 10 - Friday, April 17 - ?
Friday, April 17 - Friday, April, 24 - ?
Friday, April 24 - Friday, May 1 - ?
Friday, May 1 - Friday, May 8 - ?
Friday, May 8 - Thursday, May 14 (Friday is a Pro-D Day) - ?
Thursday, May 14 (Friday is a Pro-D Day) - Friday, May 22 - ?
Friday, May 22 - Friday, May 29 - ?
Friday, May 29 - Thursday, June 5 (Friday is our parish feast day holiday) - ?
Thursday, June 5 (Friday is our parish feast day holiday) - Friday, June 12 - ?
Friday, June 12 - Friday, June 19 - ?